A simple and heartwarming chicken stew makes a great family meal, particularly now the wether is starting to cool down. This One Pot Chicken Stew is very simple to make and oh so delicious!
One Pot Chicken Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken drumsticks and thighs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 8 medium size potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- 150 ml water
- 200g of tomato passata
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in in a big casserole or frying pan – preferably with a lid. Fry the onion for a few mins until soft, then pour in the tomato passata, the bay leaf and the stock cube dissolved in water.
- Let it cook for a couple of minutes and then add the chicken.
- Cook for 10 minutes and then add the carrots and potatoes. Bring to the boil and then simmer for another 30 minutes with the lid on.
- Add the peas and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
You can serve it with crusty bread or on it’s on. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, why not take a look at my other recipes.