This recipe is very simple and it will take you no longer than 15 minutes to cook from start to finish.
Squid ink linguini with garlic and lemon prawns
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 300g squid ink linguini (available in supermarkets)
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 400g large peeled frozen prawns (defrosted)
- 150g cooked whole prawns unpeeled.
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook the linguine in lightly salted boiling water for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- While the linguini is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the peeled prawns garlic and a little lemon zest. Salt and black pepper to taste (don’t use too much salt because the prawns are normally a little salty already). Cook for 3/4 minutes until prawns are cooked through.
- Add the prawns to the cooked linguini. Add the lemon juice and the unpeeled cooked prawns and serve while hot.
And voilá! Enjoy this delicious linguini with a fresh mixed herb salad and a very cold glass of white wine.
As always, I would love to hear your thoughts so don’t be shy and please leave me a comment.
If you enjoyed this recipe have a look at my other recipes for some more food inspiration.