Our friends and family are scattered all over the world and as such we have visitors staying at our house quite often. We love having houseguests and as much as it can get a little bit hectic sometimes the amount of fun we have completely makes up for it.
We decided to combine my youngest daughter’s nursery and guest room so that our guest would have somewhere nice to stay when they came to visit.
As it stands our nursery/guest room is just a double bed with bed side tables and our daughter’s cot but that’s all about to change. My husband has given me green light to redecorate it and since then I have been surrounding myself with decor magazines, spending endless hours on Pinterest and shopping around for the best furnishings for my nursery/guest room decoration project.
I have opted for a stylish and elegant yet simple and fresh style. The last thing I want is for this space to feel too childish. I have a few ideas going through my mind…
My idea is to keep the nursery/guest room neutral but still fun enough for my little girl. To help me achieve this I have been shopping around and have found some amazing furnishings.
1. Sheepskin rug. They are so soft and beautiful that I just couldn’t resist. I found this one on notonthehighstreet.com
2. Coral cushion from Zara home for a pop of colour. After all it’s my little girl’s nursery too.
3. VELUX Duo Blackout Blind. These VELUX Blinds are just perfect. They are a combination of the classic VELUX blackout blind and the semi-opaque VELUX pleated blind. I love the light grey/white ones. Absolutely beautiful and so very stylish.
4. Geometric Print Jacquard satin bed linen in white from Zara Home. Crisp, simple and stylish. White bed linen is perfect because I can add a bit of colour to it without making the room look too busy.
7. Coral Blanket from Zara Home. This beautiful blanket is perfect to add colour and texture to the nursery/guest room.
8. Vitra Eames RAR Rocking Chair. I love this chair for its stylish and clean design. At the moment I have the Vitra Eames DAW armchair in the nursery/guest room but I think this one will be better suited.
This is such an exciting project and I believe that once it’s finished the nursery/guest room will look fantastic.
What do you think? Would love to hear your thought.
**Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. All words and opinions are my own.