I was recently tagged by the lovely Rachel of Rachel Bustin blog to write a post answering a few questions about being a mother. Of course I have accepted the challenge and now you get to meet Mother. These are my Mummy Tag answers.
1. Are you a Stay at Home Mum or a Working Mum?
I’m a stay at home mum
at the moment but I have also been a working mum. After my first son was born I went back to work full time until my daughter was born.
2. Would you have it any other way?
Depends on the day really. Some days I crave some time away from the children and long for a quiet lunch and adult interaction but most days I’m happy to be a stay at home mum. I love being able spend time with the children without worrying about marking or planning my next day’s lessons. On a good day we have a lot of fun!
3. Do you co-sleep?
No. For some reason my kids are not interested in sleeping in my bed. They like their own bed and that’s fine with me. Of course when they were little babies and I was breastfeeding I sometimes ended up falling asleep with them in my arms but I don’t think I can call it co-sleeping…
4. What is your one must-have item for your baby?
Ergo baby carrier. It was an absolute life saver every time we travelled.
5. How many kids do you plan on having?
Now, that is the jackpot question. If my husband had his way we would have a football team! The answers is I don’t know. At the moment we have two but maybe we will go for the third. Watch this space…
6. Date nights? How often do you have them?
We don’t go out on date nights very often but we have a date at home almost every night.
7. Your child’s favourite show?
My son loves watching Fireman Sam and my daughter loves watching anything with singing and dancing so that she can join in.
8. Name one thing you bought before you had the baby and never ended up using?
A baby swing. My kids hated it!
9. Your child’s favourite food?
My children eat almost everything they are presented with but my son loves sausages (he gets them very rarely) and my daughter can’t have enough of cherry tomatoes.
10. How many cars does your family have?
1 car and 1 Motorbike.
11. Weight gain, before pregnancy, during, after and now?
I gained 12kg when I was pregnant both times and lost it all and more very quickly. I breastfed and I don’t really stop running around all day so I think that’s why.
12. Dream holiday with your kids?
Taking them to Malaysia where my husband and I went on honeymoon. They would love it there. We are just waiting for them to grow up a bit more before attempting such a long flight.
13. Dream holiday without your kids?
A safari in Africa.
14. How has your life changed since having kids?
The biggest change of all is that my time stopped being my own but I love having them around and wouldn’t change it for the world.
15. Finish the sentence “It makes my heart melt when…”
I catch my kids having a chat that makes absolutely no sense to anyone else but them.
16. Where do you shop for your kids?
17. Favourite make-up and skincare products?
I stared using organic skincare
when I was pregnant and never went back. As for make up
I like Clinique amongst others.
18. Huggies or Pampers?
Cloth nappies followed by pampers.
19. Have you always wanted kids?
Yes. There was never a doubt in my mind that I would love nothing more than to be a mother.
20. Best part of being a mum?
Watching them grow and explore the world around them followed by precious moments such as when they say ‘I love you’ or ‘You are my best friend’.
There you go. Hope you enjoyed meeting Mother.
My nominations are: