Unlike my husband I’m rubbish at following recipes and in an attempt to cut corners and simplify recipes I end up making up my own. This drives my husband mad but I like to freestyle!
Today I bring you the easiest and most delicious quiche recipe ever. I know quiche is made with cream but I like to use milk instead because it makes it lighter and also sometimes I like to use puff pastry for the base instead of shortcrust. I warned you I liked to freestyle! I can assure you though that this recipe is absolutely delicious and there wasn’t even a little crumb left. This quiche is perfect for for brunch or as a light lunch/dinner.
Tomato, Spinach and Feta Quiche Recipe
- 8 eggs
- 1 pack of shortcrust or puff pastry ready rolled dough (make sure you take it out of the fridge 20 min before you want to use it)
- 150 ml milk
- 200 g feta cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- 200 g of fresh spinach (you can use frozen if you prefer but make sure you defrost it and remove all excess water before adding it)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Line a pie dish with shortcrust pastry, cutting off any excess and pinching the edges
- Wilt the spinach in a pan with a small knob of butter. While the spinach is wilting, whisk together the eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Poor the egg mix into the pastry case and then spread the feta, tomatoes and spinach over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 40 min or until it is set.
And voilá! A cheats quiche recipe for you.
Enjoy this super easy and delicious quiche hot or cold with a refreshing mixed salad.
Leave me a comment. Would love to hear your thoughts.
If you enjoyed this recipe read my other recipes for some more food inspiration.