If you have been following my blog for a while, you will know that baking is one of our activities of choice for when it is raining outside. As the weather turned from glorious Summer to grey and rainy, we decided to treat ourselves and bake some delicious Banana and Strawberry muffins.
Banana and Strawberry Muffins – Recipe
225g self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
125g caster sugar
85 g unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
1 large ripe banana
250 g strawberries
- Pre heat the oven to 190º and line a muffin tin with 12 paper muffin cases.
- Wash and hull the strawberries (dry them with kitchen paper). Cut them in small pieces.
- Mash 55g of the strawberries with the banana (coarsely).
- Stir in the sugar, butter and eggs. Beat the eggs before adding.
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda over the wet mixture and mix it just enough to combine. Don’t over work it!
- Stir in the rest of the diced strawberries. Pour the mixture into the muffin cases.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a cocktail stick inserted in the centre comes out without any batter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with some more strawberries and, if you are feeling a little naughty, a dollop of cream.
Hope you enjoy this delicious muffins!