I just love Summer! I love the longer days, I love the sunshine, I love the heat but most of all I love the fresh seasonal fruit.
Watermelon in without doubt one of my favourite summer fruits. It’s just so refreshing and sweet! It is also very good for you. A lot of people refer to watermelon as ‘just water and sugar’ but actually watermelon is a very nutrient dense food. It provides high levels of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and just a small number of calories.
We have had some gorgeous hot Summer days recently and so I decided to make some Watermelon ice pops as refreshing treats for the kids and in fact the whole family because we all love tucking into them.
Watermelon & Berries Ice Pops Recipe
- 2 Cup of watermelon diced and without seeds
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice (you can use any orange juice but the fresh one if obviously healthier)
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend well.
- Poor the mixture into ice pops holds and freeze for 4-6 hours.
And voilá! Easier and healthier impossible.