I have spoken about my love for roasted chestnuts before and was surprise to discover that many of you had never had them! My Mother always roasted our chestnuts at home and today I am going to share with you how she does it.
Once you try this I doubt you will ever get them from a vendor on the street.
- Rock Salt
- Ground Cinnamon
- Pre heat the over 200º
- Wash and dry the chestnuts and then cut a cross on each one
- Cover a roasting tin with rock salt
- Place the chestnuts over the salt with the cross facing up. Make sure all chestnuts are on the salt and not on top of each other.
- Dust the chestnuts freely with cinnamon and throw in another hand full of rock salt.
- Place the tray in the oven and roast for 35-45 min.
Hope you enjoy!