And most probably you do too.
As mothers we always put huge amounts of pressure on ourselves to be ‘the perfect mother’ – just like the ‘perfect mothers’ that show up daily on our Instagram feeds, Pinterest, TV and parenting books. Don’t get me wrong I love Instagram and Pinterest and I think they are the perfect platforms for sharing/collecting photos and great inspiration.
There is no one perfect way to be a good mother. Each situation is unique. Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children… What matters is that a mother loves her children deeply. – Elder M. Russel Ballard
We seem to be surrounded by super women that seem to have it all and are able to do it all! Sometimes it is easy to forget what makes us great mothers and concentrate on where we fall short or would like to improve. So let’s focus on the positives for a moment and be proud for all the little things we do right day after day
I rock a being a Mum because…
- I am a patient Mum (most of the time).
- I endeavour to teach my children kindness and respect for all.
- I’m not afraid to give my children a time out or reprehend them if they have misbehaved because I believe they need to recognise acceptable and unacceptable behaviour.
- I’m their mother first and best friend second.
- My children are happy 98% of the time.
- No one knows my children as well as I do. I know which food they like and don’t like, which activities they would enjoy and which ones they would point black refuse to take part in, I know when they are about to kick off, when they are tired, I know which is their favourite book, song and colour…
- I always put my children’s needs before my own.
- My children are polite and have good manners.
- I show my kids affection constantly. There is never shortness of hugs, cuddles and kisses in our house.
- And most importantly, I love them unconditionally and I make sure they know it.
Like every mother I have good and bad days. Sometimes I wish I could hide away and others I wear my super mum cape proudly but I am a good mother and so are you.